"Ginger Three-Ways" Cookies


So, I recently decided that Liz Lovely’s Ginger Snapdragons cookies are the best thing that ever happened to cookies! In fact, Liz Lovely is the best thing that ever happened to cookies. Because I only have access to them when I got to MOM’s near my parents’ place, I decided to try to make my own version to lessen the craving til I can get out there. I think I did a pretty good job! And they’re extra gingery because that’s the only way to go! I made mine in different sizes to get the small flat crispy ones and the bigger chewy ones. And as always, use organic ingredients!

Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 cup canola oil

1/4 cup molasses

1/4 cup soy milk

3/4 cup cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanillafreshly grated ginger (to taste)
chopped pieces of crystallized ginger to put on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Except the sugar and chopped ginger, sift the dry ingredient into a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and the sugar, and mix well until blended.
4. Progressively stir in the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. My first shot was a little dry, so I added a couple teaspoons of maple syrup).
5. Shape into cookies and place on cookie sheet (make flatten them if you want them crispy, and make them into more ‘normal cookie shapes’ if you want them big and chewy). They do spread out a big.
6. Lightly press in a few pieces of the crystallized ginger on top of each cookie.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes.
8. Eat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway