The best Pumpkin Sauce EVER


Ah yes, that time of the year has come anew. It's one of my favourite times of the year! It's neither Christmas, nor the first day you can go for a really good warm summer tan... it's pumpkin season!!! Because we're already a few weeks into the pumpkin harvest, the blog world has exploded with pumpkin recipes for all meals and all dietary choices. While I've immensely enjoyed eyeing everyone's recipes, this one particularly caught my eye: it's Ashley at (never home)maker's tri-coloured pasta with a pumpkin sauce of awesomeness. Spiralized veggies? Pumpkin? Broccoli? Maple Syrup? What more could I want in one dish?

Despite it obvious appeal, I kept holding off making this recipe because it called for coconut milk and pumpkin puree, neither of which I really use on my high-raw journey. While I know that you can puree raw squash, I'm of the belief that that the squash family is best digested when it has been steamed or cooked to some degree. I find its starches and fibers much more easily digestible for you that way.

Luckily, my sister was over for a visit this weekend. Last night, in her honor (and because she is awesomely open-minded omnivore foodie) I made her a quinoa-tomatillo stew slow cooked in its very own pumpkin. That dish was in itself super yummy, but because it was only the two of us and one big Cucurbita, I was left with a lot of cooked pumpkin leftovers. Yay for me! It became the perfect opportunity to try my hand at the Pumpkin Sauce.

Trying to keep this recipe as raw as possible was pretty easy given its ingredients... I think it turned out to be the most amazing pumpkin pasta I've ever had. Again, this recipe is mostly courtesy of (never home)maker, but with an Eat Dance Live twist!


For the pasta:
1 carrot, spiralized or julienned
1 zucchini, spiralized or julienned
1 parsnip, spiralized or julienned
1/2 C broccoli, chopped

For the sauce:
1/2 C your favourite pumpkin, cooked & pureed
1/2 C hot water
1 tsp of raw coconut butter
1 tsp maple syrup
1-2 tsp of Bragg's
1/2 tsp cloves
1 small clove of garlic

1. Blend all the ingredients for the sauce in a high-speed blender or a Vitamix.
2. Pour as much as you like over spiralized veggies and broccoli
3. Have a pumpkin-gasm!

Happy Pumpkin Season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway