Kelp Noodle Kale Salad

So, remember back in November when I got so obsessed with the deliciousness of collard wraps that I ate them for a month straight? Yep, well, I've found my March food obsession: massaged kale salad with kelp noodles. OMG. Aside from the fact that I'm now eating kale salads for dinner about 4 times a week, the addition of the kelp noodles just sent me over the moon.

This dish pretty much has every nutrient under the sun. Kelp noodles are high in all sorts of minerals, while kale is one of the healthiest of the cruciferous greens. Including all the fixings, I can't think of anything it doesn't have! Of course, I don't have a full recipe for this, but just a mix of the things I always make it with. Here's to experimentation and kitchen intuition:
Kelp Noodle Kale Salad
Yield: 1 serving

1/2 to 3/4 head of kale
1/2 bag of kelp noodles
1/2 avocado
1/2 to 1 lemon
salt and black pepper, to taste
nutritional yeast
onion powder
tahini
honey
spirulina (optional)

1. Massage kale with salt until it's really broken down and looks "cooked." Squeeze in the lemon juice and keep massaging. Scoop out 1/2 a ripe avocado and mash into the kale salad. Generously sprinkle on onion powder, nutritional yeast, and spirulina to taste.
2. In a small bowl, make a sauce made of tahini (about 1 tablespoon), nutritional yeast (about 2 tablespoons), water (about 2 tablespoon), honey (about 1/2 teaspoon), and salt to taste.
3. Rinse kelp noodles and mix with the tahini sauce.
4. Combine noodles and kale salad, and get set straight to heaven after your first taste.

Comments

  1. OMG, yummy! Can't wait for Friday; kelp noodles and miso soup...and maybe even kale salad! Oh my ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Where do you get your kelp noodles?...I live in Ottawa and haven't found them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure there might be somewhere else that carries them, but you can find them at the Herb and Spice on Bank Street (in the fridge right beside the bulk section).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Herb and Spice must have started getting them since I last checked...looking forward to trying this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway