Raw Balls Galore!

I have often found since having gone raw that my desire for mid-day foraging has dramatically increased. I think moving to raw foods has dramatically increased. I think moving to raw foods has given me a deeper understanding for what squirrels feel like. Eating such small meals throughout the day really makes you just want to constantly be scavenging for more. I've gotta say it's kind of fun!

But seriously, I have found that the answer to all my foraging needs has been to create quick and easy and super fun raw balls. These can come in as many colors and textures as you like, and I don't think I've ever made the same one twice. As long as they are super pact with nutrients and superfoods, you're good to go. Just bring a couple out to snack on during your day and you'll see the difference it makes! Here are examples of the three most recent ones I've made. Being me, I totally did not take down measurements, but you can figure it out on your own. All you need at the end is a finished product that's smooth yet solid enough to roll into bite-sized balls. Here goes:

Coconut covered Nuts for Nuts Balls
Equal parts ground almonds & cashews
Carob Powder
Tahini
Raw Honey
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
Pinch of salt
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for rolling them in

Spirulina Balls
Equal parts ground pecans & walnuts
Ground Flaxseeds
Spirulina Powder
Prunes (I generally always use these instead of dates)
Honey
Nature's Path Bran Cereal (not raw)

Cran-Chia Crunch
Equal parts ground cashews & almonds
Chia seeds
Hemp seeds
Cinnamon
Ground ginger
Maple Syrup
Hemp Butter
Dried Cranberries
Pinch of salt

As you can see, all of them are packed with different superfoods and are extremely high in everything you need to keep going! These ones are all started with a ground nut-base, but I do know that my last ones had a prune-base, but like I said it's all up to you! I'm planning on making post-workout ones for the hubby next week when he goes raw with me since he usually has Nature's Path Rebound Cereal afterwards :)

All my recipe raw recipes have been my answer to my desire to continue some form of 'baking' since having gone raw. I just finished making a rhubarb-ginger-pear-strawberry pie, and am planning on following that up with a choco-pecan pie. I love this diet! For now, all of these are not dehydrator-based, which I think are really hard to find. Or course a lot of this might become irrelevant as of next week when I will receive my lovely dehydrator in the mail! You have no idea how excited I am! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway