High Raw Oatmeal Cookies #2


So a little while ago I promised two cookie recipes, and realized I actually only posted one... heh. My bad. I have to admit, I'm not as satisfied with this one as the other one, but it's still pretty tasty and is still a reliable high raw cookie recipe. My intention was to do something snazzy with black pepper and chocolate and pecan, but it wasn't nearly as cool as I thought. I'll probably be tweaking it and posting something niftier when I figure it out.
Peppered Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Makes about 12-14 cookies
3 C rolled oats, ground into flour
1 vanilla bean, ground (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1/4 C raw almond butter (I made my own)
1/4-1/3 C maple syrup/raw agave/raw honey
1 tsp peanut butter (or your favourite raw nut butter)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C filtered water
1/2 C "candied" pecans*
1/4 C chocolate chips
black pepper, for topping or mixing in

*my usual mix of nuts, maple syrup (or agave), cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt, dehydrate at 115 til crunchy (a couple hours)

1. Grind oats flakes into flour (with the vanilla bean pod if you're using that option) and place in a bowl and stir in the salt.
2. Stir in almond butter, second nut butter (I used PB), liquid sweetener (adjust the amounts to your taste, water, candied pecans, and chocolate chips.
3. Mix dough well, either with a fork or your lovely hands. At this point, you can either choose to add the black pepper by stirring it into the mix (as much as your heart desires if you're into pepper like me) or you can sprinkle it on top after forming the cookies.
3. With clean hands, form and flatten into cookies and place on dehydrator sheet for no more than 2 hours at 105. (I found this mix is a little drier than my usual ones so it needs less dehydrating time). Again, if you'd like, grind some black pepper on top of each cookie before sticking them in the dehydrator.

I'll also leave you with some random personal information inspired by Nancy's Bootylicious Tag, because why not!

Name 3 things sitting next to you right now

1) my big kitty (not really a thing I guess, but how can things "sit" next to you?)
3) practice comp exams (yuk...)

Name 2 foods you can't live without
1) bananas
2) spirulina


Name 2 things you can't live without

1) my pink 40 oz Klean Kanteen water bottle
2) my Vitamix
(did that ever seem like product placement or what...)

Name 2 people you can't live without
(My sister and I used to take pictures of our feet together whenever we'd travel to somewhere new. Now that we both have a +1, we're strange enough to have held on to that tradition. That was from our pumpkin picking expedition last year.)

1) Andrew
2) my sister

Name 1 thing you did today

1) officially started studying for my comp exams (no, I do not regret having waited this long) instead of playing that cursed computer game...









Name 2 things you've learned from the healthy living community

1) No one can tell you what's best for your health except your own body
2) Green smoothies will change your life






Feel free to fill this out on your blog and let me know if you have! Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway