Keep it Simple!

The title of my post seems appropriate given that I started my day with a 3 pear smoothie (aka. blend three pears in a Vitamix), and had a peach and an apricot for lunch, but dinner was really were my mind was at when I came up with the title.

Ever since I started making raw pasta, I've always felt the need to come up with some tremendous sauce to have with it, whether it's refining my raw marinara, making a new form of raw pesto, or flirting with the idea of raw alfredo. However it goes, I always look for something thick, saucy, and satisfying. However, I realized today that back in my cooked pasta days (and there were many of those), my go-to recipe was usually just pasta, olive oil, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. If I wanted to make it fancy I would add balsamic vinegar, and my favourite toppings were some form of flash fried veggie-mix and/or smoke salmon. So all in all, nothing fancy per se.

So today, I figured why go all fancy? Let's try the ol' olive oil, and S&P and see how it goes with raw pasta. Long story short: it was fantastic. I spiralized a summer squash, diced some parsley, cucumber, red pepper, black olive, and fresh sundried tomatoes (sounds like an oxymoron, but they are so wonderfully sweet when "fresh"), and added about 1 teaspoon of olive oil, some herbs, and salt and pepper. It was refreshing and perfect.

To go alongside the pasta, we also feasted on a salad made of romaine, heirloom tomatoes, and carrots. The dishes were laid out on our pretty new French table cloth, and we feasted on our back patio amidst our herbs. Take joy in the little things in life I tell you! If you don't, who else will see them?

Workout of the Day
30 minutes of moderate interval cardio on treadmill + 3 minute cooldown
Ab routine as prescribed to me by the awesome Laury
5 minute stretch
I luuuuurrrved my workout today

Comments

  1. Welcome back :) I am thrilled that you enjoyed your travels.

    Your dinner pasta sounds divine. And I am sure it was lovely to dine 'al fresco' outside, surrounded by your herbs.

    Take care....

    andra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway