Sunday Yummies

On most sunday mornings, you can find me in the kitchen stockpiling some of the more complicated raw household goodies I make for the weeks ahead. Funny thing is, I find that as I increasingly adopt a LFRV lifestyle, the less pleasure I take in making and eating these higher-sugar higher-fat gourmet foods. Andrew's not complaining though, that just means 99% of the fancy raw stuff I now make just goes into his belly :) Despite my feelings though, today was no different on the food front. This morning, I was inspired by Meredith and Felicity to try my hand at vegan cheesecake. I kind of followed the general idea of their recipes, but made the proportions of ingredients my own.


I started with Meredith's recipe for fermented nut cheese (the priobiotic-based kind), then added about 1 tsp of coconut butter, some raw honey, salt, irish moss, and lots of lemon. The crust was a recent hemp-spelt cookie disaster that I didn't have the heart to throw away, but that I think I managed to get away with repurposing quite nicely. The berry swirl was just mushed raspberries, and the whole thing was topped with more raspberries and cacao nibs. I gotta say, it was better than the real thing! (Though that's admittedly not hard for me to say since I was never big on cheesecake...)

Since I had some extra soaked cashews, I also made a few batches of chocolate ice cream for Andrew aka. my raw ice cream monster. And finally made him what I hope to be at least one month's worth of raw buckwheat granola.

And since it's sunday, here is also a pic of a yummy PB and nana sandwich I made recently:
Goodnight!

Comments

  1. Oooh that looks delicious!
    And I don't even like cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm je veux encore la recette ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Dehydrator Giveaway

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant