Rainbow Smoothies

I don't think there will ever truly come a time in my life when I've had too many smoothies. They're not just convenient, but can be so versatile, and can easily boost you with all sorts of energy to start, continue, or end your day.

Yesterday, we went out for brunch at one of our favourite Ottawa haunts, Cafe My House (reviewed here). Among other things,we had a plethora of amazing smoothies. Their choices are as colourful as they are endless. To the seven of us, I think we ordered about 2/3 of their options, and they were all divine. From their mango-lime-cilantro, which is now something I make at home daily, to their raw cacao latte, there's definitely something for everyone. I opted for their Green Protein Plus, a wonderful combination of vegan proteins (pea, alfafa, hemp and brown rice), bananas, and cinnamon.

Sunday brunch inspired me to expand my usual morning smoothie repertoire, and it was super successful. In the mood for something a little more tropical than my usual berry smoothie, I made a:

Tropical Smoothie (Rebooted)
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 mango
1 C papaya
(and a handful of spinach for good measure,
though it's great without it too)

The unphotographed Man Smoothie of the day (so good it was eaten before I could get the camera out) was inspired by Gena's Banana Chai Smoothie:

Protein Powered Banana Chai Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 fresh banana
chai spices*
1 scoop of Peaceful Planet's Inca Meal
1/2 scoop of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70

*I did 2 parts cinnamon, and 1 part each of nutmeg, allspice, cloves, cardammon, and pepper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway