Show me yours, and I'll show you mine!


Sorry for the lack of post last night. I got caught up preparing for my thesis presentation this weekend. I get to make a powerpoint with fun anti-GMO protest pictures like this:


Gotta love Greenpeace.

Also, 'Man Wednesday' was put on hold, because said 'Man' was out :) But let's keep the ball rolling!

I was inspired by Gina's post last night, asking her readers to show her their smoothies! Considering I eat them every morning (or at least, every other morning), I figured I'd be the perfect candidate for the challenge. So here are my smoothies! Over the past couple years, my breakfast has pretty much consisted in one of these two smoothies (the recipes are for two people):

'Tropical' Smoothie

3 C papaya/pineapple/mango (or any combination)
1 teaspoon of maca powder
1 heaping teaspoon of mesquite
1/3 to 1/2 C water (I like my smoothies thick)

(The man version you also see featured has an extra scoop of hemp protein and one scoop of brown rice protein, sometimes I put a teaspoon of each in mine too. And don't mind the coloring, it's deceptive!)

All the ingredients simply go through the blender!




Berry Smoothie

3 C of mixed berries (I usually defrost the frozen kind over night so I don't get sorbet in the morning)
1 teaspoon of maca
1 teaspoon of mesquite
1 heaping teaspoon of spirulina

(Same deal as above for the man version)

(picture courtesy of here, because I don't have one and this was the photo I found with the closest coloring to mine!)



Thanks to Meredith's green smoothie recipe, I've also been adding spinach to my berry smoothie whenever I have some on hand. It really works!

Both of these smoothie recipes go great with raw granola!

And as you know, I've more recently added my infamous, strawberry-banana-spirulina whip of love to my breakfast repertoire. (Recipe here)


Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway