Hello, old friend


And by that, I mean sushi. If I haven't made it clear yet, I have something of a seaweed addiction. I always have a strong desire to incorporate more of it into my life. To celebrate, my day began and ended with seaweed. Breakfast was yet another spirulina strawberry-banana whip. This one was made by simply blending 1 1/2 frozen bananas in the Vitamix (or any high speed blender), then separately blending 3 frozen strawberries, and topping that magnificent mix in a bowl with 1 heaping teaspoon of spirulina. To end a wonderful day, I have just finished polishing off 1 1/2 rolls of my superfood sushi, one of the first recipes I ever blogged about.

To make it more raw, this version had sprouted red quinoa instead of steamed quinoa. The rest was the same, though I did use a couple strips of tempeh as the protein and Braggs instead of soy sauce. I do eat tempeh on rare occasions because live/fermented foods are usually a-okay in my book. I also don't have to go into detail to re-explain the benefits of using quinoa instead of rice, but this sushi really does pack quite a punch: The quinoa is a complete protein, the tempeh and nori provide B12 and other essential minerals, and the veggies, well, they're veggies! There's really no going wrong with this recipe, so I feel very safe to put it into the spotlight once again.

Finally, next time you make one of Meredith's Chocolate Mousse pies, freeze at least a quarter of it. Eat it straight out of the freezer. It's fabulicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway