Rawsome beet burgers

I have to be a little narcissistic here and say that every once in a while I bust out culinary brilliance. Today was one such day. There need to be no words, only the yumminess that is this raw sunflower beet burger. I attribute a lot of the taste of this burger to the freshly cut herbs of our back patio (on that note, the Garden page has been updated for May-June). It might sound uninteresting if you just scan the recipe, but the result is delicious:

Sunflower Beet Burger
Yields: makes about 4 bun sized patties

1/2 C sunflower seeds
2 tablespoon of flax
2 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
2 sprigs of fresh thyme (about 2'' sprigs)
1 sprig of fresh rosemary (about 2'')
1 stick of celery
1/2 C carrots, chopped
1 medium beet, chopped
1 teaspoon of mustard
1/2 teaspoon of umeboshi paste (this is key!)
1/4 C tomato, chopped
salt to taste
pepper to taste

1. Blend everything in your Vitamix or food processor until the mix reaches burger-patty worthy texture and consistency.
2. With your hands, shape into a burger, place on a teflex sheet and plop into your dehydrator at 110 for about 5-8 hours.
3. Mid-way through the process, you can flip them if you think about it.
4. Serve with a salad, in a bun with the usual burger fixings, or just eat straight out of the dehydrator!

And yes, I've totally photo recycled... I didn't think to take a picture of the ones I beautifully served today (bad food blogger, I know) because it was eaten before photographed in time!

Other exciting news?

Eeeeeeeee!!! I'm so absurdly excited about this!

Hope your week has had a great start!

Comments

  1. Okay. I need to make these! Seriously...you should have sent this when I was preggo..I was obsessed with beets and would totally have been puddy in your hands for these!!

    Awesome about the marathon, Chantal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so awesome!!! I did the Disney Half three years ago and LOVED it.  Going through the backlot of the parks is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, cool, I didn't know we get to discover the "roads less traveled" of Disney World! Even more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how strange everyone's pregnant cravings are! I'm sure they'd still be delicious if you tried them now ;) 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway