Tortilla Pizzas and Roasted Peppers
This week's culinary creation was inspired by trying to finish the frozen Ezekiel sprouted corn tortillas that have been sitting forgotten in the freezer for too long. It's also kind of like these no cheese pizzas, but baked a bit for warmth. Problem is, I like these enough that now I just want to buy more tortillas to make more even though the point was to get rid of them...
"No Cheese" Tortilla Pizzas Take 3
Yield: 4 "pizzas"
4 Ezekiel sprouted corn tortillas
nut cheese (optional)**
toppings (broccoli florets, mushroom slices, roasted peppers, spinach, zucchini)
** 1:1 ratio of cashews and macadamia nuts (about 1/3 to 1/2C each), juice of 1/2 lemon, salt to taste, water (added slowly for consistency), blended slowly adding in water until it makes a thick cheese spread
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Layer tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings onto the tortilla
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Quick Roasted Peppers
2. Roast peppers for 20-25 minutes until the skin looks like it peeled off the peppers.
3. Important step (this trick captures the moisture in the peppers and make them easier to skin, so don't skip it!): Right after you've taken the peppers out of the oven, place them in a container and cover it with a plate or aluminium foil. Let cool down for 10-15 minutes.
4. Peel the skin off the peppers, and enjoy!
5. You can always add a little olive oil, pepper, and salt to them too.
Happy Hump Day!