Best Raw Cookies Ever Recipe

I don't know what to call these cookies, but they are by far my favourite raw cookie of all time. When it comes to my sweet tooth preferences, I've always been fairly vanilla. I'll choose the fruit pie over the decadent chocolate ganache cake any day. I'll choose the ginger snap over the chocolate chip butter pecan cookie. So for those who prefer those latter choices, this is definitely a fairly understated cookie. However, in its simplicity and elegance lies deliciousness.

My Favourite Raw Cookie
Yields: 12 cookies

3 C shredded coconut
1 C fresh dates, blended into a paste
3 tablespoons of raw almond butter
1 teaspoon of salt
1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of liquid sweetener (I used maple syrup)

1. In a food processor or Vitamix dry blender, blend coconut first 
until its powdered and clumping together.
(for those who know, the point when it's about turning to coconut butter)
2. Scrape down the sides, and add in all the other ingredients.
3. Blend until it makes a uniform dough.
4. Flatten out into 12 cookies and place in the dehydrator overnight (or 8-12 hours).
5. Devour.
(6. I really love to put these in the freezer so they're extra crunchy!)

An interesting read for the day: The Six Enemies of Greatness (and Happiness) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway