Weekly Stuff I love

Just wanted to share some recent finds from our trip to DC last weekend! Our favourite health food store in Rockville, MOM's, moved to a bigger location down the road. The bonus (aside from a gorgeous new store) is that everything at their old location was 50% off. This was a serious score because MOM's is really conscious about vetting all their products to make sure they are all super healthy to both us and the environment. Essentially, you can really trust anything you buy there!

Here are some of my favourite goods:



1. Just Great Stuff's Peanut Butter Powder

With supposedly 85% less fat than peanut butter, this organic peanut butter powder just needs to be mixed with a couple tablespoons of water to turn back in its creamy original state.

That being said, this stuff is so tasty, I actually prefer to eat it by the spoonful and have been making ridiculously delicious banana soft serves with it.

It only has a few ingredients: organic peanut butter powder, organic coconut sugar, and sea salt. What's not too love (or get addicted to)?





2. Better than Roasted's Sprouted Almonds

These are by far the tastiest almonds ever... Organic, unpasturized, sprouted and dehydrated nuts (so they're raw), they are crunchy and fantastic. Obviously, the process of sprouting and dehydrating unpasteurized almonds increases the bioavailability of a food's vitamins and minerals.

They're from Italy, where they are sane enough to allow for non-pasteurized foods to be on the market. They are also hard-shelled almonds from Sicily, which are suppose to be extra special and extra almond-y flavoured. As far as I know, they definitely are!

I'd never heard of this brand before, but they apparently carry other nuts and seeds, butter, and other goodies too! With this first taste of what they can do, I'd love to try them all!

3. Kookie Karma's Goji Lime Krunchies
For me, it can be easy to go fairly blah when it comes to raw granolas on the market... These granola crunchies were fantastic though! Goji lime gives just as much kick to your taste buds as you might expect in the best of ways.

It also has your usual organic raw granola suspects: sprouted buckwheat, coconut, pistachio, goji berries, agave, lime, and sea salt... but blended at the perfect ratio!

I love short and trustworthy ingredient lists... especially when they taste this good!



4. Salazon's Organic Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper

We fell in love with this version of Salazon's chocolate when we first moved to DC, and have bought some every time we gone back since.

Salazon's goods are always organic, Rainforest Alliance Certified (which also includes elements of Fair Trade) and give some of their proceeds go to environmental organizations. If you check out their website, I love how conscious they even are of the chocolate making process!

There is something divine about the sea salt, dark chocolate, black pepper combination. Enough said.

5. Andalou Natural's Enzyme Masks

Not edible per say, but the ingredients are edible enough that I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you tried. I've alway said that I want to be able to eat anything I put on my skin... seems a fair thing to say, doesn't it?

I've been seeing Andalou Natural products in all the health food stores over the last little while, and a 50% discount at MOM's gave me the push I needed to try them out. I also have the bias that I tend to trust natural products from Europe more...

I'm trying out their BioActive 8 Berry Enzyme Mask and their Avocado Cocoa Skin Food Mask. The berry mask smells like my morning smoothie. It has CO Q10 and fruit stem cells to make it high in anti-oxidants, to repair cellular damage, and stimulate collagen and elastin.

The avocado one smells like the chocolate pudding I always make for Andrew... yum! Avocado is rich in Vitamin E, the cacao has lots of antioxidants as well leaving your skin moisturized and smooth.

Andalou Natural is based on Stem Cell research that renews your skin at the cellular level. I'm not familiar with all the science behind it, but all I know is that it leaves my skin feeling fantastic. So far so good!

Yay, for new natural product finds!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE the Just Great Stuff powered peanut butter, too! It's great for smoothies and mixing into greek yogurt. Plus, it's so healthy, how could anyone pass this up ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! I don't know how I've been living so long without it :) I find it sooo tasty on its own and so easy to digest, rather than feeling a bit heavy like I do when I have "normal" pb. Sad thing is I ran out and I have no idea where to find any around where I am :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway