Current LFRV Obsession: Bananas, Apples, and Date Bowl

One month, I'll eat collard wraps for dinner every single night. Another, I'll just eat banana soft serves all day long. This week it's cinnamon sprinkled bananas, apples, dates, and granola crunchies every night. Even though I probably have bananas in some form in most of my meals, sometimes the slightest change can make the biggest difference. It's like eating starchy carbs as bread vs. pasta, same thing but big difference. The secret to this recipe? Cutting your bananas laterally instead of in slices... ooOoOOoo, wild and crazy, I know.

In my continuous pursuit to remain as LFRV as possible, this dinner combination definitely fits the mold. The granola crunchies are probably LFRV sub-par, but I need crunchy texture in my food, especially when I mostly eat blended fruits and greens... So yep, this has been my dinner for about a week now. I tend not to question what my body feels it wants to eat at this point, so I just go with it.

Banana Apple Date Bowl
Yield: Serves 1.

2 bananas
1 apple
3-4 medjool dates
cinnamon, to taste
raw buckwheat/granola crunchies of your choice, to taste

1. Halve bananas and thinly slice them laterally (aka. length-wise).
2. Thinly slice apples however you wish.
3. Either blend dates into a paste or chop them really fine.
4. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with cinnamon.
5. Top with granola crunchies, and enjoy a texture and shape extravaganza.

(For non-LFRVers, on some nights, I've also been enjoying putting 1 teaspoon of my peanut butter powder on top or one teaspoon of vegan protein powder... weird maybe, but tasty!)

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway