Conscious Corner


Nestled in Clarksville, MD, is one of my state's havens for eco-conscious and healthy living: the Conscious Corner. Made up of an awesome vegan restaurant, Great Sage, a natural pet food store, Bark, an organic and fair trade home, clothing, and craft store, Nest, and huge local natural food store, Roots, these four businesses came together in 2000 to turn what could have been another boring corner of yet another strip mall into another little hub of green awesomeness... soon we'll take over the world!

While I forgot my camera, we started off with an wonderful raw vegan lunch at Great Sage, which we'd been to once before in our cooked vegan days. Their chef has been trying to incorporate more raw foods into their menu in part because of demand, and in part because the restaurant's manager and some of their waitstaff (including our awesome waitress Leah who gets a shout out if you checked out my blog :) ) have been trying to go raw over the last little while. We had their raw vietnamese spring rolls (veggies wrapped in lettuce with nama shoyu and peanut dipping sauces... I'm a sucker for peanut sauce), their spicy coconut curry soup, and their raw dessert, a chocolate mousse (which to me was pretty much my frosting recipe in a cup with added vanilla orgasmic goodness). If you're in the area and are vegan/vegetarian/raw/open-minded/hungry do check out their menu, because whatever your taste buds are into, they'll have it here!

We then went on a mad shopping spree at Roots, where we found a new (to us) raw cereal by Living Intention, their Superfood Cereal, which includes Acai, Blueberry, Camu Camu, and Amla. I couldn't help but crack the package open when we got home and it's REALLY good. I'm thrilled that so many grocery stores are increasingly catering to the raw crowd nowadays. In some natural food stores, we have entire shelves just for us! I feel so empowered, considering we make up less than 1% of the population or something... Baby steps! Tasty, tasty, baby steps...

Workout of the Day:
Digestion, from eating such amazing raw food, yet again

Comments

  1. I've been there, but it was a long time ago. I even posted about it: http://rawdorable.blogspot.com/2008/05/great-sage-could-those-be-durians.html.

    I had no idea Great Sage is adding more raw foods to the menu. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway