12 Week Plan: Day 2


Lovin' the snow days! Love 'em so much I get another one tomorrow! Great thing is that the gym is still open so I got to start up my super 12 week workout plan. I'm amazed by how easily I can get through workouts now, how motivated I am to go to the gym, and just how far I've come since I started working out regularly now about 5 or 6 years ago.

Workout of the Day (very slightly amended workout from Sam Omidi's website, I'm getting a lot of my ideas from him this time)
-5 minute warm-up on elliptical (moderate intensity)
-10 minutes of interval training on treadmill (1 minute sprints and rests)
-Ab Cycle:
Stability Ball Crunch x 15
Stability Ball Rollout x12
Straight Leg Raises x 12
Stability Ball Back Extensions x 10
30 second plank for each side (front, left, & right side)
-5 minutes of jump rope (requires a lot more coordination than you think to do it non-stop!)
-Second Ab Cycle Repeat-10 minutes of interval training on elliptical (same as earlier, but someone took my treadmill!)
-Third Ab Cycle Repeat
-5 minute stretch

Recipe of the Day:
Still experimenting with sprouted millet. I've ground it with crystallized ginger, agave nectar, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and some almonds and mixed the 'flour' with raw tahini and pureed apricots and made cookies. I'm currently dehydrating them, so we'll see how they turn out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway