'Za

I am so in love with Alissa Cohen's pizza recipe... I made another super batch today using her easy pizza crust recipe along with the marinara sauce from her eggplant parmesan recipe and my own permutation of cheese like substance. All of this was topped with my usual favourites: pineapple, black olives, broccoli, and spinach. For the 'cheese', I used:


-1 1/2 C macadamia nuts
-1/2 C pinenuts
-juice of 1/2 lemon
-1 tbsp of Braggs Liquid Aminos

Just blend in the Vitamix (you could probably add a couple tbsps of water if it's not creamy enough). It made about 2 cups which was enough to cover two 8'' pizzas with a little bit leftover.

Though I did used to like pizza, I was never pizza crazy the way college guys are capable of being, but ever since I've discovered the raw version, I can't get enough! I can just hear my stomach screaming 'Piiiizzzzzzaaaa..." the minute the first slice passes through my lips. I think I finally understand how guys feel when they shovel down an entire one!

I've measured out my recipe for raw oatmeal raisin cookies and they are currently in the dehydrator so if they are a success that will definitely make up a post this weekend. Tomorrow is also the last day of the Chinese Lunar Calendar Year so we're going up to see my family and my grandmother to celebrate. It also happens to be the year of the Tiger beginning on Sunday, which is my year! It's coming at a very auspicious time too, graduating from grad school and moving on to a PhD, moving back to Canada... this truly is quite the year for me, what perfect timing!

Workout of the Day: Back and Biceps (and abs of course!)
5 minute warmup on stair climber
Stability Ball Ab Circuit (x3 3 different exercises)
Dumbbell Bicep Curl 3x12
Lat Pulldown 3x12
Cable Hammer curl 3x10
Bend over dumbbell row 3x12
Stability ball back extension 3x12
10 minute stretch

Recipe of the Day: mooooore pizzzaaaaa...

Comments

  1. wow, that pizza looks gourmet! and i love pineapple on pizza. yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway