I am Great!


...I am, I guess, but that's also the name of Cafe Gratitude's Granola recipe that was ready this morning. It called for cranberries, but I wasn't sure if they meant dried or fresh, so I went with fresh. It's made me discover how amazing the taste of dehydrated cranberries are!

My uncertainty over dried or fresh cranberries came at a perfect time, as I've just been going through a personal cranberry crisis. See, the problem is that all the organic dried cranberries I have found are all dried with organic cane sugar and some form of oil... Not so raw. Alternatively, I also found some versions sweetened with fruit juice, but when I do, they aren't organic. This way I've been forced to choose between sugar or pesticides... I've decided to pick the third option: neither. Problem is, I've really missed cranberries!

Why the obsession though? Aside from being super tasty, cranberries are most notorious for helping prevent and treat urinary tract infections. They also prevent oral and intestinal health, prevent kidney stones, maintain a healthy heart, and lower 'bad' cholesterol while raising the good kind! They also contain about 10% of your daily intake of Vitamin C and are a super anti-oxidant.

From now on, I think I'll just buy cranberries frozen and dehydrate them. Dehydrated cranberries stay tart but pop in your mouth with a greater sweetness. It's wonderful!

As I mentioned, we'll be heading on a another trip tomorrow, but I don't know that I'll have internet. Oh, and did I mention that I'm done? I'm done! I'm done! I'm done! I finally finished and submitted my last paper today, so I've officially completed my MA! I still can't believe two years went by that fast, but there you have it! If you don't hear from me, have an amazing weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway