Sweet Treats

As I mentioned I wanted to make my super mom a super raw dessert for Mother's Day and I figured the best thing to dazzle her with would be an ice cream cake. I also know that my mom likes the following things: berries, french vanilla ice cream, and marzipan. So that's exactly what I did. I made her a marzipan crust vanilla-raspberry ice cream cake. Here was the breakdown (not the best photo, I know, but all I had on hand was my mom's little point and shoot):


-1 layer of raw marzipan*
-1 layer of vanilla ice cream (a beautiful union between my and Meredith's ice cream recipe)
-1 layer of sliced strawberries
-1 layer of raspberry sorbet**
-1 ring of Heather's whipped cream (sans lecithin) piped with my snazzy new cake decorator
-2 heart shaped strawberry slices

*soaked and peeled almonds, agave nectar, almond extract, and salt, Vitamixed
**frozen raspberries and a couple frozen bananas, Vitamixed

It was wonderful. Even my 90 year old grandmother loved it. She even asked for seconds, and particularly wanted the bottom half. It was really cute! Needless to say, between the two of us, my parents, and my grandmother, there was less than 1/4 of the cake left :)

Today was a return to the usual: Berry smoothie for breakfast (Andrew's had a scoop of hemp protein and a scoop of a new non-GMO pea protein we finally found. It's made by Healthy Planet, I had a taste and it's pretty yummy. He'd been looking for pea protein to increase the range of vegan proteins he eats, but it was impossible to get from a semi-natural/healthy source!), a peach and 1/2 a grapefruit for lunch, some superfood snacking throughout the day, and we had a huge salad and raw corn for dinner waiting for us at my awesome cousins' place for our usually Lost Tuesdays. (I CAN'T believe that show is ending... I realized that I've been watching it since the start of my entire post-secondary career!)

Sometime in the afternoon, I also made Averie's No Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Bars for Andrew since they're an easy road snack and we're hitting the road again this weekend. This time we're going with my parents, my sis and her boyfriend, to Chincoteague Island, VA (home of a wildlife refuge for wild ponies). Here's finally a picture of them before I cut them into squares, considering I make them so often:


Speaking of the wonderful Averie, she's also having a giveaway for chia seeds, which are used in this recipe!

Must... stop... procrastinating from graduating... Just one more paper...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway