Coconut Curry Tempeh Salad w/ Mango Cilantro Salsa

I almost always eat fruit for lunch (and breakfast too for that matter), and I find it really weird to go any other way. However, I'm trying to increase my veggies to fruit ratio, and lunch seems the perfect opportunity to switch that up. In response to my concerns, the heavens opened up and this amazing recipe was born. There is no need for words, it's super simple and delicious.

Tempeh Salad w/ Mango Cilantro Salsa
1 1/2 C of romaine lettuce
3 slices of Turtle Island Foods' coconut curry tempeh
1/2 mango
large handful of cilantro
pinch of salt

All I did was chop up the lettuce, throw the mango, cilantro, salt, and a splash of water in the Vitamix for a couple swirls to make a chunky salsa-ish dressing, toss that all together, and top it with 3 slices of that delicious tempeh. Best lunch ever.
On another note, I kind of recipe swapped with Laury this weekend when her hubby's birthday came up and I suggested she make him Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World's Golden Vanilla Cupcakes. After I made that suggestion, I went off to make a personalized variation of her Chocolate Banana Pudding Pie that I'd been eyeing for a while for my own other half. All I changed was that I turned it into a chocolate & vanilla swirl pie, and used a different crust and sweetener. The result seemed successful since half of it is already gone!

Hope you're having a happy monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Dehydrator Giveaway

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant