Making Florida Proud: Just Like Key Lime Pie Smoothie

Over a year ago, I off-handedly mentioned that I made a raw key lime pie that never ended up getting featured on the blog. Why it didn't is beyond me because I remember loving every bite of it. That and I made it fairly frequently at the time. I can't quite remember what went into it aside from avocado, agave, and lime... for all I know that was actually it.

So why the comeback? In short, that pie came back to me because I made lots of "key lime pie" smoothies at work over the weekend, and I really wanted to give it another go. While I know that limes are really good for you (they're very alkalinizing), they've never held a prominent place in my kitchen. Yet, every time I use them, I can't remember why they don't. I continue to falsely believe that whatever you can do with limes, you can just do with lemons instead. I know that I'm wrong. They're not the same thing at all. They have a totally different tastes, limes are definitely sweeter, and they just have something more going on that I just can't put my figure on. Limes are like lemons with that je ne sais quoi.

I'm sorry limes, for having consistently under-appreciated you... Hopefully, this smoothie version of my pie will make up for it:
Key Lime Smoothie
1 frozen nana, loosely chopped
1/2 avocado
1/2-1 lime, quartered*
1 teaspoon of liquid sweetener (I used raw honey)
1/2 C water
1-2 ice cubes if it's a hot summer day
*I used the whole thing because my lime was a little mild tasting

Blend everything in your high speed blender.
You can tweak the water depending on your desired consistency.
Had I made it for myself, I would have probably lessened the sweetener...

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Dehydrator Giveaway

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant