Greens, greens, greens


It's been such a pleasure reading through "The Magically Mysterious Raw Recipe Book". It's nothing super complicated, but like I said, it's beautifully put together and not just because of the pictures. There is such positivity seeping out of every page of this ebook, I love it! It doesn't just make me add that happy and loving feeling to my food, but it's already there in the recipe! That's double the happiness right there! Triple if you count me when I eat it :)

I tried two of the book's recipes today, one for lunch and one for dinner. The first was Meredith's 'Green Machine Smoothie' which I think I could probably live off of for the rest of my life and be one happy raw foodie! The only change I made was omitting the raw honey because the fruits made it perfectly sweet! I also didn't opt for the extras since I had already put them into my own breakfast smoothie. This photo just comes to show how pretty the smoothie came out... so pretty it was joined by all its fruit friends. (Sorry. This is what happens when you've been writing a thesis for three days straight... you kind of start going nuts and talking nonsense... all the time.)

Dinner was a super salad (greens, baby broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, red cabbage, and snow peas) topped with Meredith's 'Asian Ginger Dressing' and sesame seeds. Her dressing was a much creamier version of a very similar dressing I make (It's very hard to take a pretty picture of dressing). You can't go wrong with ginger dressing in my world. Definitely a very successful day food-wise! Can't wait to try more of these recipes!

Here are also the pretty things that happen on your wall when you have lots of plants in your home and under the right lighting. Can you spot the scary beast? (Hint: It's not the mask) (Hint 2: Thesis writing = accelerated senility)


Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway