"If Princess ain't happy...


... ain't nobody happy!" Love that quote, because it's so true. I thought of it because I'll be the first person to admit that I used to hate caraway. And man was I an unhappy princess when I ate some by mistake. I always thought it had this strange full-bodied after taste that took over my entire palate like a strange icky mentos. It's hard to describe, but I used to literally be unable to swallow something if it had caraway in it... now, I'm a convert. Thank you, Meredith. You've achieved something no one has ever been able to do before!

I am Chantal. I come to you reborn, as one who loves caraway!

Of course, the result of this was yet another one of Meredith's recipes, specifically her Sunflower Rye Bread, which was just about the tastiest and lightest raw bread ever. Finding a bread without nuts is a blessing! For me, it makes it considerably more digestible. But when I was first making it and saw '3 tbsp of caraway seeds', my first thought was "3 TABLESPOONS? Really? TABLESPOONS?'. But I swallowed my pride and followed the recipe, and I'm so glad I did!

I made my first sandwich with two slices of it tonight with sprouts, spinach, tomato, avocado and cucumber. Though it could have used a pate or something that I didn't have on hand, it was absolutely divine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway