Fun with Veggies


Because it's crunch time for the first draft of my thesis, I'm going to distract all of you yet again with pictures of recent raw foodgasmic creations of mine.

The first was in honor of the recycled glass glasses we recently bought at Ten Thousand Villages: a raw breakfast parfait! They were made up of two sets of the following layers (in this order): homemade raw granola, protein-boosted almond cream (soaked and ground almonds, water, agave, vanilla, almond extract, mesquite, maca, and raw brown rice protein), raspberry coulis (a fancy name for mushed raspberries), and banana slices. The entire thing was topped with raw candied walnuts, more bananas and raspberries, and blueberries!)

Second, this is how I keep us motivate myself to eat our veggies (with pictures of my raw crackers included!):


And finally, here is yet another sweet potato pie (I'm going through a phase...). The crust is a blend of cashews, ground spelt berries, coconut flakes, dates, and salt. The filling is sweet potato, maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, sprouted tofu, and salt, topped with soaked thomson and hunza raisins along with more candied walnuts. Yum!


Again, I'm saving up writing about my workouts for a weekly sunday recap, but I've definitely been going through a cardio phase since my break last week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant

Dehydrator Giveaway