Salad yum and raw 'tuna'


My magically mysterious recipe of the day was Meredith's Cucumber Dill Dressing served over a lovely salad. Actually, that's a lie. I made this over the weekend but was saving it as collateral for a day I would be sans new recipe. While I did make another one of Meredith's recipes today, it's still in the works (aka. the freezer) so I had nothing concrete to report, thus you get a salad pic instead.

Cucumber and dill go wonderfully together, they leave such a refreshing taste in your mouth. There's a reason why the combination is so popular. The first thing I think of when I hear 'cucumber dill' are those cute little tea sandwiches that you'd imagine eating with lace gloves during High Tea with the Queen of England... or is that just me?

I also made Alissa Cohen's 'Almost Tuna' recipe from her book, Living on Live Foods. Though we took pictures of it, it photographed just like tuna; by that I mean, it turned out looking like a grey-ish goo blob that looked more like something you find clogging your bathroom sink that something pretty enough to make this blog. Despite its photographic appearance, it definitely looked like tuna and it tasted yummy too. Not sure how tuna-esque it actually tasted though. Last time I tried to make raw tuna, I combined a bunch of vegan and raw recipes for mock tuna I found online and ended up with what I think was a more 'authentic' result. This however, combined a lot of foods I don't get very often like sprouted mung beans and sprouted lentils. It was a nice change and went great with raw veggies slices and crackers.

Quote of the day:

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world. I feel like I can't take it and my heart is just going to cave in... Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax and stop trying to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain, and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment..."

American Beauty, 1999


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Cooking is like Piracy

Dehydrator Giveaway

Eat: Turmeric Milk, the perfect night time relaxant